Building Where Bill of Rights was Born - Destroyed

Discussion in 'U.S. News and Current Events' started by Agravan, Jan 18, 2016.

1. As a country, we need to do a better job of protecting our historic places for future generations. The story mentioned that the location was not included in the list of National Historic Places, which is why the construction company didn't know the historical significance of the building. I'm not sure who to blame here, but I would start with the local elected officials. They should have known what was in their town and pushed to get the historic building designation and the protective status that comes along with it.

LibertarianLiberty and Patriot like this.

2. I couldn't agree with you more. This isn't a minor paperwork snafu. This is a travesty. Shame on them

Dark Sky likes this.
  3. I have little patience for the federal government getting involved in state and local matters, but in this instance I can say the federal government should have been involved to preserve this American landmark for generations to come. The article said they were using the building as a car dealership. The federal, state, and local government clearly have failed to do anything about this for many years. Someone should fry for this.

Dark Sky likes this.