Kent State University Professor Investigated for ISIS Connection

Discussion in 'U.S. News and Current Events' started by Oprah, Jan 23, 2016.

1. image.jpeg

he FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are investigating Julio Pino, a Kent State associate history professor, for his alleged involvement with the Islamic State, according to KentWired.

"Kent State is fully cooperating with the FBI," Kent State spokesman Eric Mansfield told WKYC Channel 3 News.

"As this is an ongoing investigation, we will have no further comment," said Mansfield. "The FBI has assured Kent State that there is no threat to campus.”

An FBI special agent told KentWired a joint terrorism task force has been investigating Pino for the last year and a half.

Reached Wednesday, Jennifer Larson, head of the Kent State chapter of the American Association of University Professors, replied "AAUP-KSU has no comment on the matter at this time."

Agravan and Patriot like this.
  2. @Oprah I did some more research and apparently this guy has a history of really bizarre behavior. I'm surprised that Kent State has allowed this type of behavior to continue - Kent State never struck me as they type of school to condone this sort of thing.

1. He Screamed ‘Death to Israel’ in 2011 During an Israeli Diplomat’s On-Campus Lecture

2. Pino Says He Has ‘Not Violated Any Laws

3. He Has Been a History Professor at Kent State Since 1992

4. He Wrote a Tribute to a Palestinian Suicide Bomber in the Kent State Newspaper

5. Kent State Is Cooperating in the Investigation & Says There’s No Threat to the Campus

Agravan likes this.
  3. I get that in academia you are supposed to have your group of radicals and free-thinkers, but what the of junk this guy is filling the minds of his students with should be closely examined by Kent State. I'm sure there are plenty of people with advanced liberal arts degrees that would gladly take his job.

4. Everyone is academia knows this guy is total bat sh!t. He is a "history" professor who literally makes up his own interpretations about history. Normally, we would classify this as revisionist history, but in Pino's case we just call it fabrication. He should have lost his seat many years ago.

Yes @Agravan there are many other highly qualified people that Kent State could hire that would actually bring credit to their university.